Sunday 6 May 2012

More on the Coastal Path celebrations!

I (Kate) also was helping to celebrate the Path opening, I joined a Ramblers Cymru walk from Tal y Bont (near Penrhyn Castle) to Llanfairfechan. It was very cold to start with, but warmed up after we passed Abergwyngregyn. I met a number of NWWT members and collected a few donations. If you would like to see my species list of plants and birds, please email me geoffkate.gibbs@care4free.net. You might even like to sponsor me for a few pence per species, I’m up to about £45 and my target is £100. The species list is only a snapshot as the RA walks don't allow one to stop and search and there was too much chat and adverse conditions to hear bird song clearly (Geoff had been dispatched to the NWWT Rhiwledyn reserve on the Little Orme,  so was not on hand to help). No good for butterflies either, nevertheless there were things to find and admire.

The photo shows the group, with me on the extreme left; we’re outside the entrance to the NWWT Aberogwen (Spinnies) reserve, only half a mile or so from the start of the walk. It was taken by Russell Sheaf.
  Kate Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment