Have you seen a coastal otter? Your help needed
SERT are conducting a survey and your time and help would be much appreciated.
Purpose of the survey:
- Begin to record the distribution of otter activity in coastal areas in all areas of Britain.
- Raise awareness of use of coastal areas by otters in Britain. This includes sandy beaches, dunes, docks, salt marshes, estuaries and rocky shorelines.
- The information need not be recent as any sightings over the last 30 years are useful to us.
- Location: please try to as specific as possible – a grid reference is ideal but don’t worry if you cannot provide one.
- Date (day, month and year)
- Approximate time of day
- Details of what you saw. Please include as much information as possible. Did you see the otter on the beach, on rocky areas, or in the sea? How many otters did you observe? Have you seen them at this location before?